Monday, September 6, 2010

Working

Have you ever worked with the public? If not, ask anyone who has. Working with the public is the worst. You might have a crap boss or some sleazy co-workers but at least they're not the public. The only people who have it worse than those working with the public are the poor slobs who work with the public and have a crap boss. No, wait a minute, the worst would be having sleazy co-workers, working with the public and having a crap boss. Man, that is the epitome of crummy.

I used to work with the public and after a fashion something changed. I quit that job and started with a private outfit. I still had a crap boss and sleazy co-workers but I didn't work with the public anymore. As a matter of fact, call it kismet, I became the public. Over time I realized what a far reaching concept the public is. Even if you work with the public, when you're not at work, you are the public. When that salt of the earth, all around nice kid working at the music store can't help but roll the eyes at what a creep some customer is and then goes to a restaurant, sees that customer, who is now a waiter, rolling the eyes at him he should just take it. When he isn't at the music store that puke is the public. What a jerk! I hate him, guys like that are why the public has such a bad name.

Have you ever been the public and had to deal with some lope that works with the public? Man, that's the worst. One tenet that always helps me cope is remembering that, no matter how bad working or dealing with that person is, it could be worse......I could be them, having to work or deal with me.

Driving tip: Failing to signal is the number one cause of road rage. I know I've dealt with this before but if you didn't know, it's the number one cause of road rage. When you think about it, not signaling is actually signaling. You are signaling to that person who might want to turn on to the street you occupy, that you are going straight. When you don't go straight, turn, and he realizes he could have gone but you didn't bother to turn on your blinker he misreads your intention. You intended to not signal. He believes you sent a clear signal. A signal that you are a pile of strawberries (see older posts). I guess the correct expression would be that sending the 'wrong' signal is the number one cause of road rage.






No comments:

Post a Comment