Friday, October 1, 2010

Do You Know Jack?

I jumped on Facebook the other day and said that I was feeling a little gloomy. I couldn't wait to see all the things my friends would say, just out of concern, to pick me up. I checked back about ten minutes later and there were four thousand six hundred and seventy two posts. Not unusual considering that, not wanting to brag, but I do have 17 friends. Apparently, after seeing my post, my niece thought it would cheer me up to know that her puppy pooped in the kitchen. A good bud told me that he became friends with John, Stephanie, Susan, Mark, Bill, and about forty other people. Actually, to save time, I should just say that seven of my friends became friends with forty three hundred friends. There is a tree somewhere that I should join a group about and someone, I've never heard of, is having a high school reunion somewhere I've never been (or intend to). There seems to be some concern that Democrats are ruining the world and a high priority post about Republicans who are going to ruin the world.

Now the good stuff. If I join some club that is only four hundred dollars a month they are going to help with my credit problems for free. I think they are pretty up-front because they said that I would be solely responsible for the outcome. Some of my high school friends appear to be looking for me and my aunt got some points in a game but she is looking for a rabbit. My nephew is really pissed at someone for something and some guy, who is a friend of mine, keeps making fun of the fact that we've never met but somehow, became friends. He might be my friend but let me tell you, "A puke like that is no friend of mine." My cousin said happy birthday to Jack. She doesn't know Jack but one of her friends heard, from one of her friends, who knows a friend of Jack's, that if you tell Jack happy birthday you will get one dollar for every friend that does that and Mary Swenson got a check for five hundred million dollars. We all need to support the Gordo Republic and should check out their website, and another of my friends (in my top 17) doesn't want to be friends anymore. I'm a little curious about that because twenty three people 'like' that post and I only have seventeen friends.

I'm no longer gloomy, I am a little confused. I'll keep checking just in case I miss something but it's a little work. I wanted to check out that Gordo Republic website but since I mentioned it I've gone back six hundred posts and still can't find it. By the way, Happy Birthday Jack.

Driving tip:  About horns. If someone pulls out in front of you, you have several options at your disposal. You have your steering wheel, your brake pedal, and your gas pedal. Maybe, if the guy is going quick enough, you can accelerate, get ahead of the car on your right and swerve into that lane to avoid a collision. Maybe, you can just slam on the brake. Maybe a hard brake combined with a slight swerve.
You evaluate the situation and react. You see the guy coming and have a pretty good idea what his intentions are. If you lay on your horn, things may change. He too has three options and your horn signals him to utilize one, or all three of them. Now it's much harder to guess the outcome.
If you can't avoid a wreck then laying on your horn does give some satisfaction. At least that S.O.B. will look when he hears your horn and see it coming. If you want to teach someone a lesson then stay off the horn, the brake, or the steering wheel. Sailing into someone at thirty miles an hour is something they won't soon forget.
My buddy Phil was waiting behind some idiot who didn't go the second the light changed. Instead of a little toot to wake the guy up, Phil laid on his horn. The guy didn't go, he, instead, got out. I won't say what he did but now, whenever Phil has a little gas everybody knows it.

No comments:

Post a Comment