Thursday, July 8, 2010

Communication

Two physicians were on trial for murder. Jenny had witnessed the murder but what she saw was an absurd creature, half parrot, half ox, commit the crime.
The attorney asked her if she had seen a pair a docs and she quickly replied, "No, I saw a parrot ox." Would the jury consider her answer a paradox?
You may have to read those last two sentences out loud and quickly to get the full gist. The point is, what you hear, is not, necessarily what was said. With that in mind it is easily understandable that if someone ever comments that this blog sucks I will, no doubt, interpret that as, "I would like to offer a critique of your wonderful writing but I have no intelligence or intellectual capabilities whatsoever." It's like the other day at breakfast. I had intended to say to my wife, "Could you please pass the Post Toasties.".............

Driving tip: Correctly read the other drivers. There are signals all motorists use to communicate with one another. If someone cuts you off, brakes short in front of you, drives below, or near, the speed limit in the fast lane, tailgates you, leaves their lights on bright, tosses garbage out the window, cruises along at six miles an hour when it's raining or honks loud and long at you there is one clear message they are trying to communicate, don't misunderstand it, "I am an idiot. If I'm a boy, I have a really small penis. If I'm a girl, my boyfriend has a really small penis."
There are exceptions, if someone honks loud and long at you and then bashes their car into yours they were really saying, "Please don't misinterpret the horn honk signal."
Pay attention, it's us (the good drivers with, or having access to, huge penes) against them (the bad drivers who text or talk on the phone, anything but drive, in lieu of having, or having access to, huge penes)

clarification: I don't have any issue with someone talking on the phone if they can do it and still DRIVE. I made that big because, when you're in a car, DRIVE has priority.

1 comment: