Friday, November 5, 2010

Don't Blame Me, I Voted.

Did you ever wonder how serious people are about their bumper stickers? The other day I was facing backward, my hands under the bumper and my back against the trunk of my wife's car. It took me almost three hours to get her to work. I sat to rest and admired my shiny "I'd rather push a Chevy than drive a Ford slogan". This one dude walked up and laughed at my situation. I asked why he was walking and he replied that he had a perfectly good Ford but his friends wouldn't let him drive it. I understood. The rub was when this brand new Caddy drove past with a sign that said my other car is a Cadillac.

Stickers really are intriguing, my best bud has one that says, "say it with a gun" I told him I didn't get it and he laughed at my ignorance. My eyes flew open then, and I nodded my head in acknowledgement just before I pulled the trigger. I am going to miss that guy, he was so profound and real smart. He even had a sticker that said he was in the top 2 percentile in intelligence and he could care less about the other 95. I wasn't sure about that. If you really are in the top 2 percent I think you don't necessarily need to heart the other 95 but some compassion might be appropriate. What about the girl whose kid serves honor rolls to the students at that famous school? Or the guy who supports the arts? His kid and money go to the movies on Saturday night. Or the fella that would rather be driving a Titleist? That poor soul wants to drive a car that doesn't even exist. Maybe he got hit in the head with a golf club or something but the point is...compassion.

I had this great idea for a sticker that would say that bloggers do it at least three times a week unless they're busy or tired or can't think of anything to say and then it might be just two but for sure on Fridays, or Saturdays at the latest. I'm going to need a bigger bumper but that's cool. It will give me a better chance for a good grip when I'm pushing my wife to work.

Driving tip: If you can read the sticker on the car in front of you, you are not paying attention to the road. That can be really hard on your paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment